The Director of Marketing is part of the Senior Staff and thrives in the role of attracting new customers and building community. Critical competencies include focus on engaging new customers, existing customer expansion, event execution, public relations, content delivery and social media.
We are seeking someone with a deep understanding of the SaaS industry. Our Director of Marketing can drive their own ideas forward and foster creativity and growth within their team. Our ideal candidate has been around the SaaS industry, knows what works and what doesn't, and is ready to try something new and fail fast when needed. Qualified candidates will be responsible for creating and implementing our strategic marketing plan, managing our marketing team, and achieving defined and measurable revenue goals. This position is located on-site in our Santa Barbara offices.
- Develop and implement strategic and comprehensive marketing plans driving lead generation.
- Experience building a marketing team from the ground up.
- Guide marketing team to build compelling web pages/blogs and creatively expand web site presence.
- Monitor competitive landscape, identify customer needs, and proactively recommend appropriate adjustments.
- Research and initiate advertising opportunities to reach targeted prospects.
- Coordinate tradeshow presence and promotions, identify new opportunities for engagements at relevant events, and represent the company at events.
- Test, track, and evaluate results of all marketing initiatives to ensure proper use of budget.
- Ensure all marketing efforts are coordinated internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strong outreach to prospects to generate qualified leads.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations for marketing team.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare content and publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business administration or similar. Master’s degree in marketing or business administration highly desirable.
- Documented expertise and experience in marketing leadership within SaaS model.
- Previous experience leading a team and fostering their growth and success.
- Extensive experience with SalesForce and Hubspot.
- Experienced with marketing program execution.
- Project management experience.
- Comfortable with numbers and analysis of campaign metrics (KPI’s).
- Strong ability to work independently and cooperatively in a cross functional team environment to achieve goals.
- Excellent creative, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects.
- Superb time management and appreciation for deadlines.
- Extremely tech savvy.
- Experience managing vendors and agencies on creative and technology.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000 nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately increasing productivity and reducing costs for small and medium sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its design and engineering. We believe computer science is an art; it just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a generational tech company and our integrity is the foundation of our success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can refine your skills in a supportive environment where wellness and work-life balance aren’t just said, they’re practiced.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Game room complete with Xbox, pool table and corn hole
- Newly remodeled engineering wing
- An open work space with Herman Miller chair and multiple monitors
- Rooftop deck — great place for breaks in the sunshine
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired our the team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.